Nine of us gathered in Mission Dolores Park to hang out, trade tips, eat pasta salad, and get to know eachother better:
(not pictured: Jonathan, who took off right before we thought to take a photo)
After the meetup in Heron's Head Park last month, we decided it would be worthwhile to organize additional meetups under the Bay Area Mighty Mustachian Meetup (BAMMM) banner. To facilitate this, we assembled a contact spreadsheet, a Google Group email list, and a Google+ Community. All should be publicly joinable—if you know anyone else who might be interested, forward this along!
Some of the topics of discussion at yesterday's meetup:
- how we came to the frugality mindset and how it has affected our living situations
- what we're doing wrong and how we might improve
- what we hope to accomplish with the power of financial independence
- contentious investing topics such as stock picking, real estate, and emergency fund provisioning
- messing around with cars, baking broken electronics, and Craigslisting bikes for fun and profit
- where Canada is superior to the US, and where it's clearly not (with a real life Canadian!)
- our favorite stupid tricks for saving a dollar or two here or there (and how they don't matter)
Hope to see you at the next one!